Beauty Giveaway! Win a FERRUM Professional Flat Iron!
That’s it. You’re so done. You’re sick of your hair being flat, lifeless and fried, aren’t you? It doesn’t have to be that way, promise. So throw your crappy drugstore bought flat iron away! It’s time for the Ferrum iron, an incredible, professional Tourmaline coated ceramic iron that heats up to 450 degrees and gives your hair life and body! Ferrum’s iron will not break your hair, and it can double as a soft curling iron since it is equipped with a swivel cord.
And the best news? You can WIN a Ferrum Flat Iron, valued at $139! Want it? You just have to be a poshbeauty.com member (which means you have access to the world’s hottest makeup artists, stylists, hair stylists, designers, jewelers and more) and tell us about your current hair stresses right now in the comments below! Not a member? Sign up now and come back and leave your tress kvetch below.
And in the meantime, here are some super helpful hair tips when using the Ferrum flat iron from hair stylist and Ferrum inventor Barbara Abbasi:
- Make sure your hair is completely dry. Two things change the composition of hair- heat and moisture. If your hair is wet it will be much less manageable.
- Always start straightening with the pad facing out (i.e. the pad should be “under” your hair)
- Begin styling from the root. The benefit of our product is that you can get very close to the root without burning your scalp.
- When styling use a slow and steady motion from root to tip
- Volume can be controlled with the angle at which you style. For increased volume turn rotate your hand so your wrist is closer to your head.
- If you want a sleeker, less voluminous look, finish by doing an extra stroke with the pad facing inwards.
This contest is open to US residents only and ends July 19th, 2011. One poshbeauty.com member who has left a comment below will be chosen at random.