DIY’s For Your Nails
Yesterday we looked at some at-home DIY’s to help detangle the mess that heated styling and over-exuberant use of product can do to your hair. So we decided to stick with the DIYs, but this time pull our attention to another area: your nails.
Spring’s pretty new polish palette, coupled with the fact that you won’t always have the time (or the funds) to rush off for a professional mani-pedi, means that you may find yourself painting your digits a lot. So here are a few at-home tricks to ensure that your nails are always looking their best.
1. To ensure that your polish is the most-popping color it can possibly be, try an undercoat of white lacquer to really set off the top hue.
2. Keep your nail beds from turning yellow by applying 2 layers of clear base coat to give your color something else to stick to.
3. To emulate that perfect salon French manicure, try sticking scotch tape on the nail beds.
4. You can make your own matte nail polish by mixing any shade of loose eyeshadow powder with clear polish.
5. Dipping your freshly painted digits into a bowl of ice cold water for two or three minutes will cut your drying time in half.