How to Wear a Denim Jacket
Denim Jackets are a true test to see how stylish someone truly can be as not many can pull off denim on denim and look good. It makes us think of the 80′s maybe the early 90′s and can be a definite fashion faux pas if not executed correctly. Here are a few tips on how to do it:
1) Blending blues isn’t rocket science. Pick a lighter colored jean jacket on top and a darker-washed denim for the bottom. The reverse has a way of transforming you into a top-heavy ice-cream cone. And matching exactly, well, that would just be bad.
2) Denim is the basis for casual dressing, so keeping everything tucked and buttoned seems downright sacrilegious. There should always be a certain sense of ease with jeans. Roll up your sleeves, undo a couple of buttons (insert crisp white undershirt or ringer tee here) and relax.
3) Sturdy denim all around. Washes should come from the same family. Vintage with vintage, clean with clean — you get the idea.
4) Completing this jeans on jeans look with real-life, authentic cowboy boots? Maybe for Halloween. Beat-up brogues would be the better bet.
5) When all else fails wear it with a pair of khakis or chinos.