New Years Fitness Plan with Hollywood Trainer Jeanette Jenkins
Get your rear in gear by working off that holiday weight (yes, I said it!). Our favorite celebrity trainer Jeanette Jenkins offers great tips to get your health and fitness back on track to help you conquer 2011 with a hot body.
She is the founder and president of The Hollywood Trainer and author of The Hollywood Trainer Weight-Loss Plan: 21 Days to Make Healthy Living a Lifetime Habit and creator of the highly successful Bikini Bootcamp, part of her internationally successful Hollywood Trainer DVD Collection, created to inspire and motivate men and women to live a healthy life. Her notable clientele include Tia Mowry, Kelly Rowland, and Queen Latifah.
- Do 20-60 minutes of Cardiovascular exercises (power walking, jogging, cycling, aerobics class, kickboxing, boxing, swimming, etc.) at least 4-6 times per week. This will help you boost your metabolism and burn calories.
- Try to do your cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach to boost your metabolism.
- Hydrate with approximately 5 liters of water per day
- Don’t eat carbohydrates (sugar, fruit, juices, cereal, starches) during the first two hours following cardio.
- Drink at least 1-2 liters of water after cardio
- Do Muscular Strength/Endurance work (Yoga, sculpting, weight training) at least 2-3 times per week to boost metabolism, sculpt and define muscles.
- Do Flexibility work (Yoga, pilates, stretching) at least 2 times per week to lengthen and define muscles and increase range of motion in your joints.
- Eliminate complex carbohydrates (starches, rice, pasta, bread, etc.) from your evening meal.
- Eat 6-7 small meals per day to increase metabolism
- Follow the guidelines of a healthy nutrition plan.
What are your fitness and beauty goals for 2011?