Plaid Suits… to Wear or not to Wear?
Plaid suits have a bit of a reputation these days and I can’t imagine that most people look at plaid suits and think hmmm…. now that’s what I should wear to work today. I didn’t. As a matter of fact I think of Austin Powers and the seventies, naturally.
Recently, I have seen a couple of nice plaid suits out and about in the city and I must say that if done right they can turn heads and make you look uber sophisticated and fashion forward. Here are a couple of simple tips if you are going to do it…
- Your suit must be tailored extremely well and fit just a little snug, not to suffocate, but definitely go for a “I just walked off the pages of GQ” look. If it looks baggy at all you will look tacky.
- Wear really sharp shoes, preferably something brown, maybe a vintage shoe. Low top and classic. Boots would be a big risk.
- Don’t be afraid to do the full 3 piece suit- go all out if you are gonna do it!
- Too afraid to pull off the whole suit? Wear the pieces! match the jacket with nice jeans, a button up and solid colored bow tie. Wear the pants rolled up at the bottom with a V-neck white T-shirt and boat shoes, or loafers for a nice spring look.
- Like with anything, wear it with confidence and you will look like a million bucks. Fashion is all in the eye of the beholder so if you know you look good so will everyone else.