Q&A with Celebrity MUA Renee Garnes
Your makeup questions answered by Renee Garnes, Celebrity Makeup Artist and Posh Beauty Ambassador
Celebrity make-up artist, Renee Garnes has teamed up with Poshbeauty.com as a brand ambassador, and having worked with famous faces such as Naomi Campbell, Kate Moss and Rita Ora, the world-renowned celebrity make-up artist is here to answer your makeup questions!
1. What are your top 5 must have products
My 5 must haves for my kit are:
1. Lash Blast Mascara from Cover Girl in Black & Black/Brown (for my Blonde or fair girls)
2. Chanel’s Eye Lash Curler
3. Lancome’s Bi-Facil Double Action Eye Makeup Remover
4. Dior’s Creme De Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Baume
5. Dior’s Instant Cleansing Water with Pure Lily Extract
2. How do you get Naomi’s skin so perfect and glowing?
Naomi’s skin is very oily (hence her youthful appearance) so she uses a prescribed moisturizer. However, I like to use Avon Care Renovare Accolade Day before makeup applications on older skin. For younger skin & more sensitive skin, I love the Avene, Cicalfate repair creme. Its really good for that as well for irritated skin.
3. How do you look after her brows?
I love Anastasia’s Brow Wiz in Caramel for Naomi. She likes her brows on the lighter side so I also use Anastasia’s Tinted Brow Gel in Caramel to blend & shape the brow for a natural look.
4. What mascara do you use on Naomi? Does she wear false eyelashes, what are your favorite false lashes if you like them?
Well, Naomi prefers lashes over mascara, so I like to use 747 small from Red Cherry. They look very natural & transition well from day to nite. I also like Cover Girl, Lash Blast Luxe Waterproof Mascara because it doesn’t move once u apply it. It also is long lasting too!
5. What do you recommend to make your makeup last in summer heat?
I like makeup light during the summer but if u are a girl that loves to be beat in the heat, try using more waterproof products, like Makeup Forever’s Aqua Collection. My fav is the Aqua Liner in all colors. It doesn’t smudge after your initial application.
6. What products does she use on her skin?
Naomi & I both Love Bobbi Brown’s foundation sticks! I use Golden, Warm Almond & Almond on her. I think Bobbi has some of the best shades for women of color. It also comes in oil free as well!
7. What’s her favorite eye makeup brands?
Nars duo eye shadows are what I like to use on Naomi. Some of her favs are: All About Eve, Balthazar, Scorching Sun, & Mediteranee. She really like shadows with golden hues.
8. What do you use on Naomi’s lips to highlight them?
Naomi’s lips are quite full & so she likes to have lighter, softer shades of color on her lips. She likes Nars lipsticks in Honolulu Honey & Blonde Venus but she is loving Kevyn Aucoin’s lip gloss in Reyna right now.
Remember you can ask Renee your burning makeup question, by simply leaving your question as a comment on the Posh Beauty Facebook page or tweet to us using the hashtag #AskReneeGarnes
Join our Tweet Chat tomorrow with Renee at 12pm PST, Wed 31st! Just tweet your question, with the hashtag #AskReneeGarnes