Trends: Spring 2014 Color Cues
With manicures resetting back to neutral and blacks, whites, grays, and navy ushering in a less obtrusive wardrobe, you may have thought that bold hues were bidding adieu to the trend set. Recent fashion week runways are telling us otherwise, and while, yes, they’re dolling out Spring ’14 collections — we see no reason to wait. Here are some of the biggest and brightest color trends for the warmer season — perfect for warming up winter’s less-than-jovial wardrobe.
1. GREEN: Just in time for natures resurgent variations on the shade, green is ranging in tone from emerald to icy, and mint to money.
2. RED: Having never really seen its way out of favor, red is definitely raising temperatures on the runways. Taking it’s cue from winter’s deep garnets and cranberries, spring’s red is more red hot.
3. ELECTRIC PINK: Spring’s pinks are less girly and more electric, balancing the colors definitively feminine mystique with a thoroughly modern sensibility.
4. PURPLE: The pallet for fall is rife with purple hues — from sorbet to royal… even eggplant. Purple reigns.
5. CITRON YELLOW: No color screams happy louder than yellow, and Spring 2014′s citron variation of the hue is no different… it’s just distinctly more urban.